Books

Books
Books written by Ray Sullivan

Friday 22 February 2013

Parallel Lives chapter 62


Giving Sam Jackson and his associates the slip had been easier than Jack had expected. He had been re-interrogating Karen, trying to get his head around how she had ended up passing the man they had contrived to rescue across to one of the people they had contrived to rescue him from.
'He stepped out of his car in front of me and asked me outright if I was trying to rescue John Staples. Naturally I was taken aback as I didn't know this man from Adam, but he explained he was concerned for John's safety and he asked me if I could help. We didn’t have a plan, but when the fracas started in the hall he nodded to me and we just played it by ear. As I said earlier I didn't have much of a choice, it was the only opportunity we had.' Jack took all of this in.
'So now we have to make our way down to my mother's home in Bristol avoiding motorways and the use of mobile phones. Assuming we can get away from those creeps it'll take us the rest of the day to get down there. If we've been conned then we will be 200 miles away and without a clue as to where John is,' he ranted, turning deliberately so that Sam Jackson's team couldn't overhear him. Alan pitched in.
'It doesn't matter whether we're in Bristol, Manchester or Timbuktu. We actually don't know where he is now, so going through with the plan is our best chance of completing what we started. All we've got to lose is a few hours and some petrol money.' Alan paused, looking across at the three they had to elude.
'Look, here's what we do,' he said, drawing them together.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Copyright Ray Sullivan 2011


The characters, places and events described in this novel are fictitious and any resemblance to persons, places or events, past or present, is coincidence.  All rights reserved

Parallel Lives is published in paperback and as an eBook


I can be followed on Twitter too - @RayASullivan
or on Facebook - use raysullivan.novels@yahoo.com to find me


Why not take a look at my books and read up on my Biog here

Want to see what B L O'Feld is up to?  Take a look at his website here

Worried/Interested in the secretive world of DLFs?  Take a look at this website dedicated to DLFs here, if you dare!

No comments:

Post a Comment