Books

Books
Books written by Ray Sullivan

Sunday 13 November 2011

Da Dan Brown Code - Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen


Lucas wiped the tiredness from his eyes with his handkerchief, carefully rolled it up and stuffed it in his pocket.  Then he did the same with the handkerchief.

‘Why did you do that?’ asked Rebecca as they walked down the pavement along the Golden Mile.

‘It’s a habit my mother taught me, back in Oz.  For when I can’t sleep.’

‘Not tonight then?’ she asked, linking her arm in his, pushing him into the road to avoid a pavement pizza.  ‘Watch out,’ she suddenly screamed as a dodgem raced past, sparks flying off the rod ten foot above them, followed by a policeman in a roller coaster.

‘It’s the Pleasure Beach Constabulary Flying Squad.  This is getting to be one dangerous town,’ said Lucas, wiping the sweat from his brow as the two racing vehicles pulled a right hander just beyond the tower.  Then the reason why she was sticking with him for the last two appraisals came back to haunt him. ‘I don’t suppose the palm reading tells you who buries me in the sand?’ he asked.  Rebecca shook her head.
‘It doesn’t work like that.  I can’t even promise that you won’t end up buried if I stay with you, but at least I can dig you out again afterwards.’  Lucas stared at the ground for a few seconds, deep in thought, shaking his head.  If she can’t exclude my being buried then I can’t exclude having sex with her, he thought.  Suddenly he didn’t feel so bad about being on a death list.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Missed the beginning? Click here to go to Chapter One

'Da Dan Brown Code' will be published in early January as 'The Last Simple'. Anyone who is registered as following either my blog or Twitter account will receive instructions on how to obtain a free e-copy of 'The Last Simple' shortly after it is published.
If you've enjoyed this chapter of 'Da Dan Brown Code' then check out the earlier chapters in my blog and, if you haven't done so already, why not follow the blog. 'Da Dan Brown Code' is being serialised twice weekly on Sundays and Wednesdays until I run out of chapters or it ends!
If you know someone who has a warped sense of humour please pass them the link to my blog so that they can enjoy 'Da Dan Brown Code'.

I can be followed on Twitter too - @RayASullivan

Visit my books on Amazon (for Kindle owners) and Smashwords (for access to all other formats and access to Apple iBooks, Barnes and Noble, Sony and many other good ebookstores.

Now on WH Smith!

No comments:

Post a Comment