Books

Books
Books written by Ray Sullivan

Monday 11 March 2013

Happy Birthday Douglas Adams

Google celebrated the late, great Douglas Adams' birthdate - he would have been 61 today had he lived - with an interactive front screen.  A less interactive version is provided here:


I've been a fan of Douglas's work since the early eighties - one of the guys who lived in the barrack block when I was based in Cyprus brought the cassette tape version of 'The Hitch Hikers' Guide To The Galaxy' and a group of us spent many a fun evening tanking up on Keo beer and rewinding the tape back to our personal favourite place.

I've lauded Douglas a few times on this blog, so it shouldn't be a surprise to regular visitors - I think Google, Wikipedia and Apple all owe Douglas a vote of thanks and, dare I say it, a chunk of royalties.  Anyway, for those who haven't caught up with my earlier blog entries about Douglas, here's a few links:

Google Was Invented By Douglas Adams - potentially a libellous statement, but I'm  sure the Google founders will forgive me.

The Chicken or the Egg?  My musings on why Steve Jobs and Apple owe Douglas a big thank you.  Obviously, because Douglas was a fervent aethiest, Steve can't thank him on the other side.

Are Tablets the Future or Just a Signpost? - a reflection on tablet computing with a reverential nod to Douglas.

If you've never read Douglas' work then there are the multifarious H2G2 books to get your teeth into and I can also recommend the Dirk Gently Holistic Detective Agency series too.  If you use a bit of Zen navigation to your favourite eBook store you should be able to find these books.


---------------------------------------------------------------------

I can be followed on Twitter too - @RayASullivan
or on Facebook - use raysullivan.novels@yahoo.com to find me

Why not take a look at my books and read up on my Biog here

Want to see what B L O'Feld is up to?  Take a look at his website here

Worried/Interested in the secretive world of DLFs?  Take a look at this website dedicated to DLFs here, if you dare!

No comments:

Post a Comment