Books

Books
Books written by Ray Sullivan

Tuesday 16 April 2013

My Hope For Boston


I’m not a praying man, but I can hope.

The events of yesterday in Boston shocked me as the events unfolded and it is times like that that make us doubt about our own humanity.  When a person or persons can deliberately conspire to kill and maim innocent people indiscriminately we have to wonder what they are thinking, how they can consider those actions are reasonable or acceptable.  How they can justify their actions to themselves?

But just when my ability to hope is being extinguished I hear of the runners who continued running beyond the finish line and didn’t stop until they reached the Emergency Room to give blood.  I’ve completed three marathons in my life, in about the timescale these people were completing it, and I don’t know if I’d have had the strength to continue.  I take my hat off to those runners.

And we all saw the other runners, the bystanders and the uniformed personnel who turned and helped the injured, even as the second blast shook Boston.  The military above all would know that if one Improvised Explosive Device (IED) is detonated then there is a high probability of more than one other being set to catch people doing what they were doing.  The second did but they still kept on helping the injured, ripping their shirts to create bandages and tourniquets, lifting scaffolding, helping in a thousand ways.  The courage of those who waded in to assist the injured should be recognised; they restore my hope in mankind.

The FBI and the police are now looking for the perpetrators of this crime and at the time of writing there appeared to be no clear obvious candidates.  I have my views, we all have our views I guess.  The fragments that have been found will provide the law enforcement agencies with information about the materials used, which can be traced to source, possibly provide clues about the signature method of the bomb-makers and, with hope, their DNA.

I’m not a praying man, I’m an atheist, but I can hope.

My hope is that they catch the bastards that did this crime.  And make them pay.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


                                                          Visit my Book Website here

        Visit Project: Evil Website here                                        Visit DLF Website here

        Follow me on Twitter  - @RayASullivan

        Join me on Facebook -  use raysullivan.novels@yahoo.com to find me

No comments:

Post a Comment