Books

Books
Books written by Ray Sullivan

Monday 27 August 2012

Launching My New Website

Biting the bullet, I've gone and done it.I've avoided the webmaster scenario quite deliberately for some time, but I guess there comes a point when an occasional blog isn't going to cut it, commercially.

 I don't have anything against running a website but I did have two issues. First and foremost is the time element. I have a perception that building a website that's worth visiting takes time; maintaining one takes more. I guess I can't get around those issues,  other than pay someone, but I don't sell enough books to make that option viable right now.

The second issue was to do with costs directly. I had a domain name in my head, guessing that raysullivan.com would be taken already, so I started to look at what one would cost. Well, those of you running a website will have been through this previously and will know that although the cost isn't great, it is variable. More importantly, everywhere I looked I saw sharks. If there was ever an industry capable of giving banking a good name, this is it.

So I canvassed friends who had websites, got some 'do not enter' warnings and some good steers. I followed the steers.

Anyway, the domain I wanted, www.raysullivanbooks.com was available - someone has the dot co dot UK version but doesn't appear to be using it, but I'm not that interested in the local variant anyway - so I bought the dot com variant, signed up for a hosting package, had a few nights' head scratching and it's up there. Not fully ready, but definitely good enough for looking at.

One of my aims is to host a page on there providing links to the more popular blog entries - some are clearly spinning wheels months after they've been posted - so if you want to revisit a blog entry and don't fancy trawling through the whole list on this site, then take a look.

I hope you find time to visit the website from time to time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my website on www.raysullivanbooks.com
I can be followed on Twitter too - @RayASullivan
or on Facebook - use raysullivan.novels@yahoo.com to find me

Visit my books on Amazon (for Kindle owners) and Smashwords (for access to all other formats and access to Apple iBooks, Barnes and Noble, Sony, WH Smith, Kobo and many other good ebookstores.

Digital Life Form is available on Amazon.com in paperback for $7.99
The Last Simple is available on Amazon.com in paperback for $5.99
The Journeymen is available for $8.99
Skin is available for $9.99

For quick access to the various Kindle, Kobo, WH Smith and Smashword links please use the table below to view my books.

To View My books In....

No comments:

Post a Comment