Books

Books
Books written by Ray Sullivan

Monday 25 April 2011

Source Code and Parallel Lives

Just been to see Source Code at the cinema.  About halfway through the film I realised that I was watching a cinematic variation of Parallel Lives.  Sure, the location is different (set in my favourite city, Chicago), and the way of accessing parallel universes is different also, but the basic premise is the same.  It's a different story, and very well made too, but the similarities stunned me.  Although Parallel Lives has been kicking around in home printed form since I finished it in early 2004 I have no doubt this is just a case of two individuals coming up with the same idea, but I'm truly glad I that I self published in January, otherwise I would have had one heck of a job convincing people that Parallel Lives was an original piece of work.

If you haven't seen Source Code yet then do try and catch it, it's a really good film.  And if you enjoyed the concept, please take a look at Parallel Lives.

DLF is finished.  I'm just letting it lie for a while before reading through it one more time.  If it looks and reads well on that read through then I'll publish it.  Adam Griffiths has designed and produced the book cover and I think it's pretty neat.

I'm working through a book I started a little while back, provisionally titled 'Assassin'.  In it a man who kills for reward sits out a storm with a beach bum, and inadvertantly reveals his calling.  Naturally the beach bum isn't too keen to sleep once he knows the killer's profession, so the Assassin decides to pass the time explaining how he got to be a killer from a background in engineering.  It's set a little in the future in a Britain that has no democratic govenment and where the country is isolated from the rest of the world.  It's about 20% complete so it's far from certain it will be completed, but I'll keep you posted.

After a three week period when none of my books sold a single copy, I've just had a mini rush this weekend with both Skin and The Journeymen suddenly starting to sell again.  In fact I've just sold a copy of Skin in the US, so some people are stumbling across my books somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment